Monday, August 23, 2010

Writer's Thought #6

I didn't write anything today.  But, anything I would have had to write about today would have been completely sucked out of me because I took my daughter to middle school for the first time.  You would think an episode like this would bring the writer out in me with gusto...but sadly, no.  I had nothing in my brain but thoughts of my child going off to middle school.  There I sat with my husband in a small diner reminiscing over my child's growing years and gently dabbing at my eyes with a napkin that had once been wrapped around my fork and knife.  Is that a pitiful sight or is that a pitiful sight?  Writer's Thought #6...don't try to write anything when you take your daughter to middle school for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. You just wrote something.
    I really liked the part about the napkin that had once been wrapped around your fork and knife. It was brilliant.

    But really, sorry about the trauma. I feel your pain.

    J

    ReplyDelete